Starting a Corporate Walk-Along for Lupus Team is a great way to support our mission.
All Walk-Along for Lupus Corporate Teams Can Earn Great Prizes!
If Your Corporate Team Raises $5,000 You Earn:
- A framed team picture
- 1 Route Sign congratulating your team with your company logo on it
- Team Banner with your company logo
If Your Corporate Team Raises $10,000 You Earn:
- All of the above
- Plus a Team Plaque presented at the Walk
If Your Corporate Team Raises $15,000 You Earn:
- All of the above
- Plus a Pizza party at your company office for up to 75 people.
All Walk-Along for Lupus Corporate Teams Will Also Receive:
- Their company name, logo and link on our Corporate Team Website Page
- Their company name and logo on 2 Walk-Along for Lupus e-newsletters, sent to over 5,000 people
- Pre-Packaged Lunch at the walk if your team has more than 8 members
Recruit Team Members
- Once your team is registered each employee can make their own Walk webpage, adding videos, pictures and text about why they are walking. This page can then be sent as a link through e-mail and social media to help them collect donations for the team!
- You can post signs in your break room and throughout your office, letting employees know about the Company Team and how to register to walk.
- Put the information about the walk in your company newsletter and e-mail message boards.
- Circulate a company memo to recruit walkers.
The Walk-Along for Lupus is the premier signature event for the Lupus Alliance of Long Island/Queens. Always held on the third Sunday in October in Eisenhower Park, the Walk-Along is an event where over 2,500 people come together to walk and raise money for those living with lupus. However, it is more than just a 5K walk. It is a fun and festive event with music, food and activities for all.
- About 80% of people participate with family members and friends.
- Over 2,500 people from Long Island and Queens attend every year
- Over 2000 additional people donate online through our website.
- Over 4,000 people read and pass along our posts and tweets on both Facebook and Twitter
- Over 4,000 people receive our e-newsletter about the Walk-Along for Lupus.