Applications for the 2017 scholarship are now available. To have one mailed to you please call our office at 516-783-3370 or click here Maxine Manara Scholarship App 2017 to print and download.
Applications are only reviewed and awarded once every August.
The Maxine Manara Memorial Scholarship Program is named after longtime staff member, Maxine Manara who was dedicated to helping those with lupus during her years at the Lupus Alliance of LIQ.
** Call our office at 516-783-3370 to have an application mailed to you.***
In order to qualify for this scholarship:
- You must have lupus, or be a minor (under 21) with a parent who has lupus
- You must live in Nassau, Suffolk or Queens, NY.
- You must show financial need. For instance, lower than average income, special financial circumstances such as loss of job, high medical expenses etc.
- If you are already in school you must show proof of at least a 3.0 G.P.A.
- If the application is for a child who lives at home, proof of family income must be provided to the committee.
- You must submit all requested documents and forms by July 10th, of the calendar year you are applying for. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed by the committee.
- First time applicants will be given first consideration if they meet the criteria of the scholarship.
The applicant must be attending or have been accepted to any accredited College, University, or Trade School and is working toward a degree. The minimum scholarship award is $500.
Applications require proof of income and residency as well as a copy of the applicants COMPLETED FAFSA report (you can get a copy of yours online at FAFSA ONLINE).
Scholarships are awarded every August and the application must be postmarked by July 14th, of that year. The decision of the committee will be e-mailed and U.S. mailed to each applicant by August 30th.
Please remember only a completed application with the requested information will be considered.
For questions regarding this program, please click here to send us an E-mail.