Throughout the year our volunteers attend numerous health fairs, school health days and speaking engagements in Nassau, Suffolk and Queens. At these health fairs we give out information on lupus, packets on our programs such as LupusLine, Support Groups, Quality of Life, Let Kids be Kids, Maxine Manara Memorial Scholarship, Education Seminars and more. We also hand out information on our fundraisers and events and ways those in the area can help us raise money to support our programs and those living with lupus.
Our upcoming health fair schedule is below. Our volunteers are fully trained to answer questions about lupus in general, living with lupus, and about the Lupus Alliance of LIQ. If you need help, think you have lupus, or have been recently diagnosed, you can attend these fairs to obtain our information and assistance.
Health Fair Schedule
- 3/13 – 10:00am – 2:00pm United Healthcare Fair, Knights of Columbus, Central Islip
- 3/16 – 12:00pm – 2:00pm Oceanside High School Speaking engagement for Human Relations Day
- 3/23- 6:00pm – 8:00pm SE Elementary Health Fair Brentwood
- 3/29 – 10:00am – 12:00pm Emblem Health Speaking Engagement in Cambria Heights
- 4/6 – 10:00am – 4:00pm SUNY Old Westbury Health Fair
- 4/19 – 10:00am – 3:00pm Farmingdale College Health Fair
- 5/3 – 9:30am – 3:30pm York College Health Fair
- 5/7 – 10:30am – 2:00pm Central Islip High School`s 7th Annual Health & Wellness Fair