To Form a Team:
- A captain should be designated.
- The captain will register first and create the team name.
- The captain can then send the link to the “Join my Team” page to anyone who would like to join the team.
- The captain can also add text and pictures to the “Team Page” if they choose.
- After that, all team members should register as walkers.
- When each walker arrives at the “Join a team” section of the online registration, they just choose your team name and click join.
- When registering each walker should enter the information requested, including, name, address, email etc.
- Be sure to complete the entire registration process, you do not have to add text or pictures to your personal web page right away when you get to that section of the process, but be sure to scroll down and hit continue and finish registering.
Once Registered You Can:
- Add text and photos to your page and include your story about why you walk for lupus.
- Add your own donation.
- Send out the link to your page to friends on social media and through email to request donations.
- Add offline donations (checks) that you have received to your page so your full total collected can be seen by everyone.
- To receive a FREE REGISTRATION GIFT and lunch at the walk, each team member must raise at least the minimum $20 donation.
- To receive a FREE REGISTRATION GIFT, lunch and a Walk-Along for Lupus T-Shirt, each team member must raise $50.
- To Qualify for pre-packaged lunch, teams must have 8 or more members. Team pre-packaged lunches are a great way to make your team`s day easier at the walk. Just ask for the team lunch form at registration and bring it to the team lunch table. Then walk and when you come back your team`s lunch will be ready for you to pick up and enjoy.
- Teams that raise more than $300.00 by October 1st, will receive a Team Sign with their team name on it to proudly display at the walk. If your team registers and collects donations online, you do not need to do anything; we will know when you hit $300 in donations and add your team name to our sign list. If you are collecting donations offline and raise $300, please be sure to call our office and let us know so we can add your team name to the sign list!