New York legislators are finalizing the state budget now! We need your help to make sure the budget includes funding for Community Health Advocates (CHA) – the consumer voice for health care. Without at least $2.5 million in state funding, CHA will close its doors on July 1, 2015.
CHA helps New Yorkers understand and navigate their health insurance coverage and access health services.
CHA helps New Yorkers:
- Understand how to use their health insurance;
- Resolve billing issues and coverage denials with their health plans;
- Maximize their coverage (get prior authorizations, access specialists and obtain out-of-network services when needed);
- Access affordable health care services and hospital financial assistance programs; and
- Understand how small business owners can offer health insurance and get health insurance tax credits.
Since 2010 the CHA statewide helpline and network of community based organizations has helped over 200,000 New Yorkers. CHA has saved New Yorkers over $14 million in health care and health insurance costs.
Governor Cuomo included $2.5 million for CHA in the state budget. We need you to help make sure your legislators support and increase funding for CHA!
You can do this by taking a moment to send a message to your legislators now.