Starting a Corporate Walk-Along for Lupus Team is a great way to support our mission.
1. Choose a Team Captain and have the captain register online to become a walker. In the box below, choose 1 under quantity and then click the register to walk now button.
2. Make sure you have pop-ups enabled on your computer.
3. When the registration form pops up, (see sample to the right) please fill in all the requested information, including e-mail, name and address, then hit next.
4. On the next screen agree to the terms and conditions and hit next.
5. On the next screen (see sample on left) press the click here button under “Would you like to start a new team”. You will then be prompted to give your new team a name as well as add your company name then click next.
6. The next screen shows your personal walk webpage, you can edit it at this time, or go back to it at anytime to upload pictures, tell your story and even add a video. Whether you edit it at this time or not, once done scroll to the bottom and click next. To learn how to navigate your walk webpage or team page, click here.
7. Click submit and you are done. Once you have completed your registration and created your team, you can send the link to your team page or your individual page to all of your employees asking them to join the team.
Click here for help with navigating your Firstgiving Walk Webpage, sending your webpage link to team mates and managing your team.
All Walk-Along for Lupus Corporate Teams Can Earn Great Prizes!
If Your Corporate Team Raises $5,000 You Earn:
- A framed team picture
- 1 Route Sign congratulating your team with your company logo on it
- Team Banner with your company logo
If Your Corporate Team Raises $10,000 You Earn:
- All of the above
- Plus a Team Plaque presented at the Walk
If Your Corporate Team Raises $15,000 You Earn:
- All of the above
- Plus a Pizza party at your company office for up to 75 people.
All Walk-Along for Lupus Corporate Teams Will Also Receive:
- Their company name, logo and link on our Corporate Team Website Page
- Their company name and logo on 2 Walk-Along for Lupus e-newsletters, sent to over 5,000 people
- Pre-Packaged Lunch at the walk if your team has more than 8 members
Recruit Team Members
- Once your team is registered each employee can make their own Walk webpage, adding videos, pictures and text about why they are walking. This page can then be sent as a link through e-mail and social media to help them collect donations for the team!
- You can post signs in your break room and throughout your office, letting employees know about the Company Team and how to register to walk.
- Put the information about the walk in your company newsletter and e-mail message boards.
- Circulate a company memo to recruit walkers.
The Walk-Along for Lupus is the premier signature event for the Lupus Alliance of Long Island/Queens. Always held on the third Sunday in October in Eisenhower Park, the Walk-Along is an event where over 2,500 people come together to walk and raise money for those living with lupus. However, it is more than just a 5K walk. It is a fun and festive event with music, food and activities for all.
- About 80% of people participate with family members and friends.
- Over 2,500 people from Long Island and Queens attend every year
- Over 2000 additional people donate online through our website.
- Over 4,000 people read and pass along our posts and tweets on both Facebook and Twitter
- Over 4,000 people receive our e-newsletter about the Walk-Along for Lupus.