The Quality of Life Grant
The Quality of life grant is a financial assistance program available to qualified members of the Lupus Alliance of LIQ who have lupus. This grant provides help for medications, medical bills, transportation to and from your doctor’s office and other medical related expenses.
Once your completed application is received it will be reviewed by the decision committee. You will be notified once the committee has made their decision on your grant. Once approved, a check can only be written to the company or companies for which you are applying for, checks cannot be directly written in your name.
To qualify you must be a member of the Lupus Alliance of LIQ, prove financial hardship and send in a completed application, including all documents requested which include:
- proof of income
- proof of residence in Nassau, Suffolk or Queens
- proof of lupus diagnosis from a doctor.
To find out more or get an application please call our office at 516-783-3370 or send us an E-mail.
Attention All members!
- You must be a current member of our organization before you request the grant application.
- You must send the required documentation with your grant application. This includes copies of the bills you are requesting assistance with. All applications without proof will not be given to the committee.
- The committee will no longer pay for recurrent household expenses. In other words, bills that are paid monthly such as phone, TV, electric, gas or oil are no longer accepted.
- The committee will pay – medical bills, prescription expenses, transportation to and from the doctor, co-pays, medical supplies such as glasses, wigs, braces, wheelchairs etc.
- Previous approval of a grant does not establish entitlement to future grants.