Date(s) - 04/27/2014
10:00 am - 3:30 pm
Molloy College, Wilbur Building
Categories No Categories
Please join us for our Living Beyond Lupus Symposium
Co-sponsored by the Department of Social Work of the School of Health Professionals & Nursing.
Where: LIU Campus, Hillwood Commons
Time: Registration begins at 10am. Symposium begins at 10:30am and ends at 3:30pm
Topics and Schedule:
- Opening Session/Keynote: Systemic Lupus: The Road to a Cure is Paved With Innovative Research: Meggan Mackay, MD, The Feinstein Institute of Medical Research
- Healthy Living Workshop: Nutrition – Kathy K. Isoldi, PhD, RD, Assistant Professor, Department of Nutrition
- Diagnosing and Treating Lupus Workshop: Understanding your Blood Tests – Peter Rumore, MD, Rheumatology Associates of L.I.
- The Empowered Patient Workshop: Advocacy: Why Your Voice Matters – Mark Haubner, Arthritis Foundation, National Public Policy Committee
Lunch, Lupus Alliance Survey Presentation and Awards
- Results of the Lupus Alliance of America Survey, Presented by: Elissa D. Giffords, DSW, LCSW, Professor, Social Work Department LIU Post and Orly Calderon, Psy.d. Associate Professor, Social Work Department, LIU Post
- Healthy Living Workshop: Exercise and Movement – Cesar Santos, NASM CPT, Corrective Exercise Specialist
- Diagnosing and Treating Lupus Workshop: Clinical Trials – Andrew Porges, MD, Roslyn Rheumatology
- The Empowered Patient Workshop: Communication & Your Health Care Team – Elissa D. Giffords, DSW, LCSW, Professor, Social Work Department LIU Post
Registration for this event:
- Free for members
- Free for students
- $10.00 per person for non-members
To register fill out the form below.
This event is fully booked.